Pretty Good Privacy
PGP is a data encryption and decryption program that provides cryptographic privacy and authentication. The end user is able to encrypt e-mails, files, directories and whole disk partitions to increase the security. Lately a lot of end users reported duplicate e-mails in Outlook. This lead to a lot of confusion because the e-mails are only sent once.
Delete the leftover Outlook cached data from PGP in the Appdata folder:
1. Open Explorer and select Organize, select Folder and search options;
2. In the Folder options select Show Hidden files, folders and drives and select Apply;
3. Navigate to: C:\users\%username%\AppData
4. Remove the following folders:
- C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\PGP Corporation
- C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\PGP Corporation
5. Start PGP Desktop, the PGP wizard will appear.
6. Follow the steps of the wizard for a new or existing user to successfully enroll PGP.
7. Provide a new or existing keyphrase depending on the choice you have made in the previous step.
8. Finish the wizard.
If you have any questions or want to share your experience don’t hesitate to contact me.
Robin Slot: email@example.com